Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My thoughts on the Grammy's

I just wanted to state that the 2011 Grammy Awards were better than they have been in years! I was only momentarily bored a couple of times! The ratings proved it too. They were up 3% from last year with 26.5 million viewers in the US. That's huge! I'm sure Bieber had nothing to do with that.

The performances this year were pretty freaking fantastic!
Some of my faves:
Mumford and Sons
Muse because of the awesome use of the screens.
Lady Gaga being her awesome self...coming out of a 72 hour incubation (she told that to Ryan Seacrest this morning).
Katy Perry brought a tear to my eye with showing never before seen footage from her wedding to Russel Brand.
Eminem & Rhianna were just plain hot!
Cee Lo Green with Gwyneth Paltrow, there were puppets, he looked like Big Bird and she was smokin'! How could you go wrong?!
Arcade Fire ending the night after their big win for Album of the Year was really really cool too!

There really wasn't a performance that I didn't like!!!


Biggest shocker of the night? That would definitely be Esperanza Spalding winning Best New Artist. My twitter feed blew up instantly with everyone asking 'Who'? Within a matter of minutes the girl was trending, and still is! Days later! Don't know who she is yet? Just Google her. The award should of went to Bieber though. Just sayin'. Although, the American's are pretty damn shocked that Arcade Fire won Album of the Year considering they have probably sold 1/3 of what everyone else has in that category. I was shocked too, but happy for them nonetheless. Go Canada!

As for the Grammy fashions, there were definitely lots of hits...and some misses! My best dressed of the night goes to Jennifer Lopez in that awesome shiny long sleeved mini! My worst goes to Nicki Minaj, it was just too much.



(Photos courtesy of Getty Images and Wire Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment