Monday, October 3, 2011

David French: Writing Home


Attention all Canadian Theatre lovers out there! 

Canada's National Arts Centre in association with Theatre Museum Canada is presenting a retrospective exhibit of one of Canada's most prominent Playwrights, my great uncle, David French (1939-2010). This exhibit is running now through November 6th along with the production of Salt Water Moon. If you would like tickets, you had better act fast because last time I checked it was almost entirely sold out! 

A little info about the exhibit as seen on the NAC website: "Focusing on his five semi-autobiographical plays about the fictional Mercer family of Newfoundland, the exhibit combines rare artifacts, images and text to examine the history of French’s darkly humorous slice-of-life dramas, and his far-reaching influence in the development of English Canadian theatre"  

If you can't make it all the way to Ottawa to check out the exhibit, you can check out an online version by clicking here.

From what I know about my great uncle, he really had no idea what an impact he had on Canadian Theatre, and just how respected and loved he was. I think he would absolutely love this! 

I'll be heading to Ottawa in a few weeks to check this out in person. I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment