Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Britney Spears is Not Fat!

Photo: PictureGroup/Splash News
I am absolutely disgusted! Since the official news of Britney Spears and Demi Lovato joining X-Factor the media has been going nuts. Not nuts with excitement, but nuts with non-stop Britney bashing. Look, I will say up front that I am team Britney, and have been since I was 15 years old when I got to meet her during her first trip to Toronto. I also realize that many people are not. I realize that people seem to think her 2007 meltdown was just yesterday. But honestly, that is all besides the point. My reason for writing this blog post is to say how disgusted I am that the media is attacking her appearance and calling her fat. FAT! In what world is Britney Spears considered fat?!?! This one apparently. Some of the words used in many online reports? Dimpled, lumpy, even bruised and just fat. Others said she looked liked trailer trash. Honestly, I've seen her look a lot worse. The girl has come a very long way from the low point in her life. She's looking good and healthy these days. Gotta give the girl some credit here.

With terrible comments like these, it's no wonder girls have body image issues...and that is my biggest problem with this whole thing. This is the absolute worst message to send young girls. It's impossible to live up to this idea of absolute perfection. I'm sure we all have things that we don't like about ourselves, I sure do. I'm also pretty certain that some of these people behind these mean words don't have perfect bodies either. I'd love to see their "dimples" because I know they've got them! We are imperfect human beings, but we have to learn to be happy and accepting and not try to live up to what the media says is perfect.

Britney Spears is 30 years old and a mother of 2, she's not 17 anymore and I say she looks pretty damn good. Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment