Sunday, March 20, 2011

CMW Day 4



Where:
Supermarket

When:
Saturday March 12th

W
ho: Nikki Lang

Genre:
Pop/Alternative Country

I went into the Supermarket for the 8pm set on day 4 of CMW and was blown away by the big voice coming from the petite girl up on stage. Her name was Nikki Lang, an LA based singer-songwriter. Aside from her amazing voice, I loved her songs as they always tell a story. Her stories. Two of my favorite tunes were "Lost Angeles" and "Monster". I was a little bummed those songs were not included on her 5 song album titled "Feel Better". Nonetheless "Feel Better" is awesome and is available for download on itunes.

"Like" her on
Facebook

9pm

Who:
Morgan Cameron Ross

Genre:
Folk Pop

I don't kn
ow how many more good things I can say about Morgan. I've been supporting him and his music for so many years now that I've lost count. I look forward to every time I see him live whether he's with his band Birds of Wales or if he's doing his solo thing, like tonight. I have to say though, this was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time, which is great considering he had very limited time to practice with this new band. Like I told him, you would never have known. His band members that night really added to the show, all super talented. Mike Slute took over the vocals on what is Holly McNarland's part in one of his songs, and I was just blown away! Also, I'm not gonna lie all the musicians up on that stage were rather handsome! Can't wait until the next show!
Morgan Cameron Ross' debut solo album will be available May 3rd!

"Like" him on Facebook
Follow him on Twitter

10pm

Who:
Pat Robitaille

Genre:
Folk Pop Rock

I was just about ready to leave the Supermarket....until Pat Robitaille started to play. I had no idea who this guy was but man does he have some serious talent. The sound was amazing that evening and his voice just filled the room! He bro
ught a band up on stage with him for several songs, but admittedly he was new to having a band, and it was a little awkward at times. Checking out his bio, I see that by 24 he has released 4 full length albums and countless EPs and has opened for bands like The Beach Boys, Gordon Lightfoot, The Tragically Hip, Peter Frampton & Matthew Good. Amazing! I think I'll be checking out this guy live again sometime.

"Like" him on Facebook


My final thoughts:

You know, this is what I love about CMW. I went to the Supermarket to see Morgan Cameron Ross and came out a fan of both Nikki Lang and Pat Robitaille. Showcases like these are the best way to expose you to musicians you may never have crossed paths with otherwise. I couldn't be happier with how CMW 2011 ended. What a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment